Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Which Do You Prefer?

As summer break comes to an end (already?!?), so does our 3rd Grade Summer Book Club!  I finished Soar a couple of days ago, and WOW!  It was such a good book!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was not expecting much from a book about baseball.  It turned out to be about way more than JUST baseball, and had so much depth!  By that, I mean that the author did such a good job of writing the characters in a likable way.  I learned a lot from Jeremiah and the whole team.  Also, she wrote the story in a way that made me want to keep reading...I couldn't put it down!!  I won't spoil anything for those of you still reading, but I have to say that I liked this book better than The Great Shelby Holmes.  What do you think?  Which of the two do you prefer?  Why?

This is my last post of the summer, so I wanted to also say THANK YOU to everyone who joined in our conversation!  I have already read more books this year than I did last year from the Bluebonnet list-- a goal of mine this year is to read enough to participate in the voting events this year, so I'm well on my way!  I hope you got something out of it, and are looking forward to continuing our reading journey in class in just a few short weeks. :)

Love,

Mrs. Raney

No comments:

Post a Comment